People I Know
Previous Posts

Archives

Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)

Powered by Blogger

Car & Driver
Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Long Awaited Update

Yea so it seems that i only update my blog when im bored. Anyway no one reads it so its all good :D So i came back to my headlightless car and installed the 'new' set of headlights. Not too impressed with it though but im going to have to live wit it. The wiring was as shoddy as advertised. But i din expect there to be two different brands of ballasts...hence the color of each light is slightly different from each other. I was quite impressed with myself when i got the wiring figured out in one try. But now, for some reason my high beam on the driver side refuses to come on even though the passenger side one does. When i feel up to it, i will fix that as well as wire up the angel eyes and the blinker lights. those are going to be a real bitch to fix because i have to reach into different places and tap different wires for that to happen.

Also got my speedometer, odometer and cruise control working but my ABS brakes are shot and its gonna cost me a minimum of $1500 to have it fixed......i think not. Who uses ABS anyways!? Cost me a grand total of $250 but it was worth it. I must say i was pretty good at judging speed solely based off of my revmeter. 3000rpm = 75mph and 400rpm =90mph....its a skill...dont ask me how i know.

And i finally got my switches done...theyre nice and red now...if only the gauge cluster guy can get his act together. Im having a hard time finding a cabriolet switch which is the only red lit stock headlight switch. Either that or pay thru my nose to get a euro red lit switch. People have tried to open up a switch to have it turned to red but it's quite impossible because its not a green lit LED but a white LED shining thru a green film. The film tears easily when youre taking it out so its kinda hard to do.

Also reinstalled my 'old' ECU that has the aftermarket GIAC chip in it. It felt a whole lot better to drive i tell you. ALthough my pocket will not agree because of higher fuel consumption

In other news, i think i might be able to have a decent semester. Just found out that for senior design that im going to be on the drivetrain group which is what i always wanted. So hopefully we have a good enough project.

We had 3 choices.

1. A hybrid car that has to be plugged into the wall so instead of using gas to charge the battery, its going to be completely electrical.

2. A basket of sorts that my teacher is calling a DOG or 'digitally operated gizmo'. You're supposed to be able to put your shit into it like for example when youre in sch...and the thing is supposed to carry it for you whilst walking or rolling behind you without having any user interaction.

3. A 2 man campus transportation system that only required the user to push a button to select the destination and its supposed to run on a predetermined route and stop at the appropriate stop.

The first option is my first choice but might be complicated. Most likely we will be able to get the third choice...it would be extremely fun i think. Ok gotta go to class.


Post a Comment

Powered for Blogger by Blogger templates