People I Know
Previous Posts

Archives

Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)

Powered by Blogger

Car & Driver
Thursday, August 25, 2005

Cool balls

Drank on a weekday...woke up two hours early. But no biggy, got woken up by a guy who works at tmtuning.com and he just placed my order for a euro headlight switch. In the states, theres only two positions for a vw...on and off. In europe/asia there are three positions... off, parking lights only and on. Plus this one is RED...moving closer and closer to a red interior! Now just have to get the gauge guy on the phone and get him to hurry up.

Went by to dave's Custom Tune Up & Dyno to get my AC recharged. Your AC basically works on pressurizing freon which becomes cold under pressure and thus gives you nice cold balls. So like on a hot day, if your aircon is not working too well, but at night when its cooler, its icy cold, you might be a little low on freon whereby the pressure is just not high enough. So recharging your AC is just adding more freon. ANYWAYS, i think ive been having a slow steady leak but he couldnt trace it. So he put half a pound of freon into my baby and set me off on my way. I LOVE the way dave does business. Hes a reverse banana...white on the outside, yellow on the inside. Shouldnt have bought that puny 32oz can of freon for 20 bucks when i could have just gone to dave and been charged at most the same price. All he did was say that i should monitor my AC and if it gives me problems to just go back to him. If not, just keep in touch....he said he would feel bad if he charged me now and it went bad a couple days or weeks later.

I wanna open a mechanic shop when im oldER and hopefully a little richER...tuning shop to be specific. And if i can run a shop the way dave runs his, i think i would be very very happy. Big ups dave!


Post a Comment

Powered for Blogger by Blogger templates