People I Know
Previous Posts

Archives

Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)

Powered by Blogger

Car & Driver
Monday, August 29, 2005

Repairs & Recovery

Had to fix the wiring on my newly installed HIDs this weekend. Took about 4 hours because i had to source the problem and decided to just wire up the turn signals on the headlights as well as the angel eyes at the same time. For the first hour or so i just went back and changed all the crimp style connectors i used to screw on style ones which i must say are very pricey but i think worth the cost considering how much easier they are to work with. I still couldnt get the driver side light to turn on. Thats when i decided to go check the fuse box and see if everything was working. I swear i saw a light on the indicator indicating that the fuse was still ok. But when i pulled it out, it was clearly broken. No idea how that happened. Anyway i put one in....turn on the lights and hear another snap. Another one and another snap. In all i went through 4 fuses before it stopped snapping. I have no clue how or where the circuit is grounding itself but i have a theory that it was the open leads from the turn signals and the angel eyes seeing as how there is one main ground wire and the rest are all power wires.

After all that was done, went over to a friends house and all of a sudden my radio cuts out. Complete silence. I go to the back and the amp light is out. So im sitting there hoping i didnt burn the amp out. Turns out that it was either a lose remote turn on lead behind the radio or a loose ground as well. Either ways , i fiddled with both and everything is fine and dandy now.

I must say though, i am real glad that im selling my car at the end of the year since its really starting to show its age now. A little spot of cancer (rust) is starting to show on the driver side taillight and hopefully it doesnt grow any bigger anytime soon.

Headlight switch is still MIA since they either dont seem to get my emails or are rejecting it. Super hard to find these i tell you...so im pretty much at theyre mercy.

This reminds me....i should go check in on eurotuner and see if i made it in yet. I really hope i do!


Post a Comment

Powered for Blogger by Blogger templates