People I Know
Previous Posts

Archives

Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)

Powered by Blogger

Car & Driver
Sunday, March 05, 2006

I wanna car too!

Flashback two weeks The location: Marina Square carpark. The vehicle in question: Ben's Honda Integra Type-R. The conclusion: 150kmh from one traffic light to the next with me behind the wheel grinning from ear to ear.

That car is FAST! Although it has the same 2.0 L 240hp engine as the Honda S2000, somehow i think this car is faster than that. After my joy ride a.k.a ben's nightmare came to and end, i was envious of him having such a nice car.

BUT NOW I HAVE MY OWN! ahahahhahahaah. eeehhh not quite.

You see my dad has been wanting a convertible ever since he had to get rid of his RX-7 back in the late eighties when his kids grew up and literally grew outta the back seat. The search had gone on for more than a year now with pitstops with a mx-5 through which my dad forfeited his $400 deposit after deciding that he acted on impulse and countless other Z3 and Z4s. But we finally got a silver 02' BMW Z3 2.2L beauty! Of course I would have definitely loved having a Manual 3.0 L 5.9sec beast but this will do just fine for getting the chicks.

I can't quite call it mine because I'm not the one paying for it. Not with a $400 NS pay at least. Rita is going to get to enjoy the car the most driving it to work and back whilst working for my father but she is also forking out the money to pay for the car. But come October when my elder sister Tira gets back and starts work at whichever hospital, the car is all hers and so are the payments. That leaves little old NS man me. My only hope is to keep topping up the cash card, buying carpark coupons and washing the car in the hopes of getting to even smell it.

The car is such a fun thing to drive! Figuring out how to eliminate beeps coming from the high tech DAB radio was a challenge but after that was figured out, the car is a real pleasure to get into. I just wanna drive the damn thing all over singapore just so i could be in it. The car hugs the road through turns and the tiptronic is definitely alot more fun than driving it auto. The rims and tyres are my favourite part of the car but the roar of the engine and the wind through your hair while the awesome sound system thumps R&B continuously is an experience like no other! And to think that I will get to have this toy sitting there waiting for me to drive it week in week out....well almost. But anyway.... YAYYYYY!


Blogger Ke-winn said...
Dei, pictures lah  

Blogger Rhinoboy said...
will take pictures later....  

Post a Comment

Powered for Blogger by Blogger templates